Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 21

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic asks us to list the top ten characters we wish could switch places with for 24 hours.  I know everyone has read books and seen lucky characters - I sure have!  Whether it's time period, superpowers, or even just really great experiences, I've found plenty of characters worthy of envy.


The Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Switch Places with for 24 Hours


1.  Hermione Granger, the Harry Potter series:  While I think most folks would want to switch places with Harry, his life is just WAY too high-pressure for my taste!  But, it would be awesome to have magical powers like Miss Granger, as well as her fierce loyalty and extreme intelligence.  She is a character to envy!


2.  Scarlett O'Hara, Gone with the Wind:  But let me qualify this one... I would want to be the fabulous and frivolous Scarlett, not necessarily the starving one.  Mostly, I just want to live the consequence free life she starts out with (minus the slavery thing).


3.  Katsa, Graceling:  Katsa is one kick-butt female.  While it would be hard to have her killing grace, she more than makes up for it with positive attributes - and a swoon-worthy love interest!


4.  Anna Oliphant, Anna and the French Kiss:  First of all, there's her totally awesome last name.  But more, she gets to experience Paris in a way I have always wanted to, but could never afford.  And then, there's St. Clair, who is possibly the cutest YA man that I have seen in a long time.


5.  Belly Conklin, The Summer I Turned Pretty:  While Belly's love life drama causes her a lot of headaches, man would I love to have problems that simple.  I've been lucky to travel to a lot of fun places, but growing up with a beach house I got to visit every summer would have been a fantastic tradition too.


6.  Mia Hall, Where She Went:   Notice I did NOT pick the Mia of the first novel, If I Stay, as I would never want the extreme family tragedy that befalls Mia to happen to me!  However, in the second book, Mia shows incredible strength, and I would love to know what that feels like.  Also, Adam's devotion to her would be amazing to experience.


7.  Tris Prior, Divergent:  I would LOVE to be as tough, brave, and fierce as Tris.  Most of the situations she ends up in, I feel like I would completely crack, but not her - switching places with her would be an instant boost to my level of "hard core."  However, after about 24 hours, I think I'd find her existence far too exhausting, even with Tris' kick-buttness.


8.  Ever Bloom, The Immortals:  Ever seems to have a pretty awesome psychic ability, a hot boyfriend, and plenty of exciting life events.  It would be amazing to hear people's thoughts - but probably only for a day.  I don't think I could handle that much honesty for a lifetime!


9.  Michele Windsor, Timeless:  I would LOVE to live in the heart of New York City in a historic mansion - who wouldn't!?!  Plus, the ability to travel through time and visit the fabulous era of The Great Gatsby (minus all the heartache being those characters would entail) would be incredible.


10.  Annabeth Chase, Percy Jackson and the Olympians:  Annabeth is smart, talented, and a great friend; she basically gets to live at a summer camp year-round.  Plus, I would love to see who my Greek god or goddess as a parent would be (not that my own parents aren't amazing, of course).  But, having to fight monsters almost constantly would get pretty irritating after a day.  24 hours would definitely be enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment