Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 23

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's chosen topic are our top ten "bookish" confessions.  I think every bookworm has a few guilty little secrets, ones they don't necessarily broadcast to the rest of bookwormia for fear of how they will be perceived.  Surely I am no exception.  While I don't know that I have ten confessions (I am an open book, if you will :), there are a few things about me I don't share... until now.

My Top Ten Bookish Confessions

1.  I am a library book hoarder:  I will be the first to admit that when you look at a hold list for a book and it isn't moving, chances are it's because I have the book you want.  I am AWFUL about returning library books; I used to joke that my overdue fines were singlehandedly keeping the Columbus library afloat.

2.  I am a greedy book borrower:  If you lend me the first book in the series, you might as well lend me all of them.  I always like to have a vast selection of books on hand from which to choose!

3.  If I start a series, I feel a compulsion to finish it:  Now, there are some series I started that I just didn't care for (The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen comes to mind.  Great start, and then it just went in a totally stupid direction).  But for the most part, I am obsessive about completing series.

4.  Furthermore, I prefer to re-read previous books in a series before beginning the newest installment:  This is why I tend to read series after the entire thing has been published.  It gets very time consuming otherwise!  But, I can't stand when I read a book and can't remember the details before beginning the sequel.  I like to keep everything fresh!

5.  I love to buy books... and never read them:  Couldn't tell you why this is; it just is.  I have plenty of books on my shelf that I've never read, but have all the intentions in the world of getting to someday!

6.  I do exactly what I tell my students not to do:  Namely, highlight a passage and not state why.

7.  If forced to read a book, I become instantly reluctant:  See above comments about what I tell my students.  I guess I empathize with them more than I thought!

8.  I feel genuinely sad when I end a good book:  What can I say - I get extremely attached to fictional people!  I hate leaving their world, because I always wonder what happens after I am gone.  I know they exist in a finite universe, but still.  Perhaps I am just too imaginative for my own good!


Anyone else guilty of the same things?

3 comments:

  1. awww, crap, I have the first three of the Luxe series, but I've only read the first one. Disappointing to hear that the next two won't be as good as the first one! At least I managed to snag my copies from the bargain books shelves at BAM! :)

    Yay for Ohio! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I have to finish a series (a few exceptions here) if at all possible. I also have a ton of books that I own but have never read--though I fully intend to. I also automatically go into dread mode when someone requires me to read a book or pushes one on me that I don't think I'll enjoy.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete