Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 22

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic asks us to select the ten blog posts that give the best picture of who we are, both as people and readers.  While I would love to say there are ten posts that perfectly illustrate me as a person, as a fairly new blog, I'm not sure that is the case.  However, I can certainly come up with five.  So, I will be sort of cheating this one a bit..

The Top Ten (Five) Posts that Illustrate Me

1.  My review of Daughter of Smoke and Bone

While I have written many reviews this year, this particular one stands out in my mind just because it is still my favorite book I've written about on my blog so far.  Words cannot express how amazing this novel is.  Additionally, the book illustrates a lot about my reading preferences:  romance, fantasy, and lots of action.

2.  My 10 books I would save if my house was burning to the ground

What better to illustrate me as a reader than the 10 books I hold most dear?

3.  The top ten books I'd give a theme song

This post combines my two favorite things (other than my pup and husband, of course!):  alternative music and books.  Rare is the time when I don't have some sort of music playing in the background, and this post has some of my favorite songs and bands featured.

4.  My review of Fever

Ok, so I know you are all wondering why I put a negative review as something that illustrates me.  Overall, I am a positive person, as well as someone who enjoys most books I take the time to complete. The reason I chose this review is because it illustrates what I like in main characters best - and what I do not.  Also, the book was pretty inappropriate, which I always look out for as a teacher.

5.  My review of the Summer series

This review just shows my love of two things:  series and light, enjoyable reads.  There's not much more to it than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment