Wednesday, May 16, 2012

W... W... W... Wednesdays 9




W... W... W... Wednesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.  To take part in this feature, you answer three questions in a blog post:

  • What are you currently reading?
  • What did you recently finish reading?
  • What do you think you'll read next?
Though I've been busy at school, I've tried to read this week.  However, as you'll see below, this week I did something I almost never do - abandon a book!

What am I currently reading?


As soon as this post is complete, I am hopping in bed and starting If I Stay by Gayle Forman.  Hopefully the sequel comes throughout the library soon - I've heard it has quite the cliffhanger ending!

What did I recently finish reading?


I almost never abandon books, but this one just did not interest me.  The narration style was completely bizarre, and the story, though promising, was way too weird.  I got stuck at about page 100 after a week of reading, and completely gave up.

What do I think I'll read next?


Sitting right underneath If I Stay is Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins.  I absolutely loved her first novel Anna and the French Kiss and have heard this one is even cuter.  Stay tuned!



Does anyone else feel guilty when they abandon a book?  I sort of do, but I am just reminding myself there are too many good books out there to waste my time with something I'm not enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment