Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 15

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is the Top Ten Books I'd Like to See Made into a Movie.  While I am like most bookish folk in that I vastly prefer most novel versions to their film counterparts, it is always exciting to see a director's interpretation of a work.  Some adaptations are awesome (I am still obsessed with The Hunger Games movie), while others are complete flops (I almost cried at The Lightning Thief; it was that terrible).  But, there are plenty of books I would still love to see made into films.


The Top Ten Books I'd Like to See Made into a Movie


1.  Divergent by Veronica Roth:

Kick-butt heroines are in, and I would love to see the Dauntless home base and a post-apocolyptic Chicago on screen.

2.  The Maze Runner by James Dashner:

This is a film with enough appeal for guys and girls, and a lot of opportunity exists for an imaginative director in this setting too.
3.  Entwined by Heather Dixon:

I can just imagine the beautiful costumes, and it would be fun to cast 11 sisters!

4.  Across the Universe by Beth Revis:

This is another setting I think would make an exciting and interesting movie.  Designing the Godspeed would be a lot of fun, and viewers would enjoy unraveling the mystery of the ship.

5.  The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan:

I absolutely loved this book, even though it terrified me!  Hopefully, it would hook horror fans - and perhaps they would give the novel a try!

6.  Graceling by Kristin Cashore:

I absolutely adore this book, and the high-action plot would translate well to an exciting movie.

7.  Cross My Heart by Sasha Gould:

This book, while underwhelming as a novel, has real movie potential.  Sixteenth-century Venice would make a beautiful setting, and perhaps the mystery of the Segreta would play out better on the big screen.

8.  Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:

Who doesn't love an adorable romantic movie?  Especially one set in Paris!

9.  Boneshaker by Cherie Priest:

Steampunk?  Yes!  Zombies?  Yes!  An awesome movie of Sucker Punch styling and action?  Sign me up!

10.  The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han:

Ok, truthfully this whole series would make fantastic movies.  The characters are sweet and believable, and I was very sad when the story ended.

2 comments:

  1. YESS to Entwined! I keep hearing so much about Divergent! I need to read it, but I put myself on a book-buying-ban until I move this June. Boo!


    Du Livre's Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing good things about The Maze Runner and Anna and the French Kiss. Okay, must reads on my reading list and must see movies (since they should make them!)!

    ReplyDelete