Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday 9

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is my Top Ten Favorite Covers.  Though the old cliche "don't judge a book by its cover" aptly applies to people, I've found that with potential readers, an attractive and provocative cover can do a lot.  To test the theory, I actually had two copies of the exact same book in my class library:  one with an old, outdated cover and one with the updated cover.  Not surprisingly, the attractive cover was selected almost twice as much as the old one.  The bottom line is sometimes, an eye-catching cover helps "nudge" a reader to select a book.  To that end...

My Top Ten Favorite YA Book Covers


1.  Entwined by Heather Dixon



2.  Wither by Lauren DeStefano



3.  Timeless by Alexandra Monir



4.    Matched by Ally Condie (though honestly, the whole series is gorgeous)



5.  Blue Moon by Alyson Noel



6.  Incarnate by Jodi Meadows



7.  City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



8.  The Maze Runner by James Dashner (another gorgeously styled series)


9.  Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams  (again, a series of great covers)


10.  The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman










7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous covers - my favorite from your list is Blue Moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole Immortals series (Blue Moon is #2 of 6) is gorgeous! That's definitely what hooked me initially...

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love Entwined - it has to be one of my all-time favorites too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE The Maze Runner cover. I actually listed the Death Cure on my list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great covers. I really love the ones with gowns. I think Entwined is gorgeous!!!

    My TTT: http://sosimplesara.blogspot.com/2012/03/top-ten-covers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part of Entwined is that it's shiny!

      Delete
  5. Great list! The Entwined cover is stunning.

    http://ajarndtbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete